Used Redis
Used GraphQL
Built a feature
Contributed to an open-source project
I've been working on my manga GraphQL API recently and I've noticed that getting information on series/manga takes upwards of 4 seconds on every request. This is mostly attributed to having to scrape for the info.

However, I realized that it isn't a good experience for consumers and can lead to more request to mangaupdates. So I decided to cache any requests, so future requests will be faster and use less resources.

Adding redis reduce request times from 2-3 seconds to 77 ms upon requesting for the same data.

If you want to try out the changes:

Want to look at the code or contribute: