66. AWS SAM v Serverless Framework
Discover the Ultimate Battle: Serverless Framework vs AWS SAM!
Are you building and deploying serverless applications and don't know which tool to choose? Look no further, as we dive into a comparison of the two heavyweights in the serverless world - AWS SAM and Serverless Framework. Find out their unique features, ease of use, and what the future holds for these Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools. By the end of this episode, you will know which one is right for you and your projects!
Join us as we explore the pros and cons of each tool, from the flexibility and ease of use of Serverless Framework to the cloud-side deployment management of SAM. Learn about the different syntax options, supported languages, and credentials management (especially SSO).
Get the inside scoop on the installation process and build and deployment capabilities, including the new "sam accelerate" feature for faster development. Discover the difference between handling multiple components and stacks and how each tool keeps up with new AWS features.
Don't miss out on this exciting episode as we determine the winner in the ultimate battle of Serverless Framework vs AWS SAM!
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Our previous episode discussing Cloudformation vs Terraform
- Our previous episode discussing the Serverless development experience
- Serverless framework SSO support issue on GitHub
- SAM connectors for permissions
- Our previous episode on AWS OIDC providers
- SLIC Watch plugin for easy serverless observability