In the collection "Projects" you can find short descriptions of some of my references.
Content UsabilityReview and optimization of product pages
2009-2010 - Telecommunications industry in cooperation with Claus Wagner, CommWeCon, Stuttgart.
Review of content usability through the specific evaluation of key product websites of a telecommunication provider in Germany for the selection of suitable tariffs.
MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Expression including ScreenCapture.
German UPA - Website
Information. Collaboration. Communication.
2008-2010: German UPA e.V., Stuttgart
Task and applications used
- Relaunch of the website for the "German Usability Professional Association" - the professional association of German usability and user experience professionals.
- Conversion from the content management system »Joomla« to the enterprise content management system »Plone«
- Online marketing for existing and new members plus supporters and sponsors.
- Provision of brochures, job advertisements, event information, etc. plus ordering options for print publications and advertising material.
- Maintainable master data and data export as CSV file.
- Integration of tools for website analysis and optimisation (GoogleAnalytics).
- Consulting, conception and implementation - subsequently also service and support.
Indexed entries and volumes for the website in 2008
- Over 800 members with personal folders and indexable content.
- 3000 contributions, records, images, documents [...]
- 400 PDF files plus PDF archive of the conference proceedings for the annual »Usability Professionals«
- 22 regional groups, 10 working groups and over 50 editors.
- 36,000 visits :: 21,000 visitors :: 155,000 page impressions.
Extranet for online marketing know-how
Knowledge Management for the commercial organization.
2006-2007 - DaimlerChrysler AG, Stuttgart / Mercedes Benz via Nolte&Lauth GmbH, Stuttgart
Website conception for a Europe-wide extranet of the Mercedes-Benz trade organization, including specific information for the planning and organization of online marketing measures and digital advertising materials.
Strict compliance with corporate design guidelines and corporate identity for the entire extranet and for corresponding proposals for the creation or design of digital advertising materials.
Implementation of pilot projects at individual dealers or subsidiaries.
Adobe Photoshop, MS Visio, MS Projects, MS Office and support of the implementation in the extranet on the content management system in use by Day Software Inc. (CQ4 and CQ5).
Research, structuring and creation or modification of relevant content, including considerations for illustration and demonstration of the issues using flash-based animations.
Creation and execution of workshops to incorporate requirements from marketing managers in the retail organization.
Design of digital advertising materials for seasonal promotions (Christmas sweepstakes, Advent calendar) and campaigns to promote sales (used and annual vehicles).
Conducted Product Usability Research
Redesigned a Product Experience
Created a Product Roadmap
Created a Functional Specification Document
Extranet with Web2Print applications
Extranet for retail organization for information, communication and provision of Web2Print applications
2004-2006 - DaimlerChrysler AG, Mercedes-Benz, Stuttgart / Berlin via DGM,bsd GmbH, Stuttgart
Conception of a Germany-wide extranet, the "MK-Forum" for the Mercedes-Benz trade organization with information, web-based configurators and ordering options for the implementation of marketing measures at the point-of-sales (PoS).
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, MS Visio, MS Projects, MS Office. Main topic: Web2Print configurators.
Development of the entire information architecture for the extranet to map information areas (CI/CD standards and guidelines), configuration areas (individualization of print advertising materials), e-business applications (advertising materials store) and the personalized area (Dashboard, "My MK Forum").
Conceptual design of web applications (Flash/Flex-based configurators) for planning, individualization, ordering and distribution of (print) advertising materials, both from a usability point of view and taking into account the technical framework and requirements on the part of DaimlerChrysler AG and the corporate design and corporate identity of the Mercedes-Benz brand.
Description of the trade marketing platform MK-Forum by DGM:
"The MK-Forum, the trade marketing platform of the Mercedes-Benz Sales Organization Germany, is the best example for efficient and modern process handling. The integration of five configurators for advertisements and advertising materials facilitates, simplifies and accelerates the cooperation between the sales organization and its dealers - long communication channels, offer coordination and correction loops are now a thing of the past. Communication telegrams provide dealers with the latest marketing news. A web calendar provides information on the central marketing campaigns for the current year, and important advertising materials such as flyers, posters and mailings are available for download. With this trade marketing platform, the Group manages the balancing act between central control of sales and creative freedom for the dealers."
Web-based e-mail newsletter system for sales support
2003-2004 - Information technology sector, at 21TORR Agency GmbH, Stuttgart / Reutlingen
- Conception, consulting and documentation for a worldwide used system including the conception for the structure and the modularity of the e-mail newsletter.
- Creation of a specific user manual for editors and content managers.
- Adobe InDesign/Acrobat, Microsoft PowerPoint/Word/Visio, 21TORR-Developer-Framework
- Process consulting for the editorial team: from the creation of content to its modification and maintenance, to its translation and distribution as an e-mail newsletter.
- Usability consulting and evaluation of the graphical user interface.