I'm conducting research for Basedash to learn more about developers who build, manage, or maintain internal tools for SaaS companies.
A few things I'm interested in learning about:
- How much time do you spend working on internal tools?
- Does your org have dedicated headcount for tooling?
- How often do your internal tools get updates?
- What kind of features and workflows do you need to use regularly to your tools?
- Who is the primary users of your tools?
- What stack are you using for internal tools?
For context, I work as the Lead Designer at Basedash, a platform for teams to create internal apps. I've spent my whole career designing internal tools, but am looking to better understand how tools are made at different companies so we can make Basedash the best internal tool maker possible.