Spent the last 3 days at a UX Lab course at Hyper Island, Stockholm.
And during these 3 days we were briefed by our clients at Försäkringskassan (Social Security Agency).Brief:
How might Days with VAB (Vabbdagar)
be best presented to parents on Försäkringskassan.se?
(Vård av Barn or “VAB” in Sweden is when a parent is required to stay at home from work and care for their child. This means that you receive compensation from the state instead of your employer.)
Creating a one-stop solution for VAB that decreases the time spent on reporting VAB to be less than 2 min/day.
16 answers in survey: Office workers, usually work daytime and weekdays
- People tend to report retrospectively
- People have trouble to remember when they VABed and when their partner VABed
- -Make it easier to find and access the functionality and information related to VAB in one place
We then identified the pains and the opportunities
We believe that exposing the number of VAB days taken by each parent or guardians before applying for VAB will increase equality between parents and guardians over time.
We believe that by enabling planning options of VAB for multiple parents/guardians and children, the user will be less prone to make mistakes such as double-booking or struggle to remember previous VAB.
We believe that by combining the calendar with the applying for VAB-functionality we can make it clearer for the user which days has already been applied and approved for.
- We reduced 41 number of clicks to 23 clicks to get the same job done (down by 43%)
- We reduced 1 minute to 40 seconds get the same job done (down by 29%)